Monday 20 December 2010

Reflections on Success

During the election campaign I was compared to Winston Churchill on more that one occasion.  Now I don't really know who the fuck he was or what he did, but I know when people are basically trying to say "Nick, you're fucking awesome."



Basically this is me, but I can't really smoke cigars that well.

So how did I do it?  How did I become Britain's top politician and a world statesman?  What is the secret Nick Clegg ingredient?  What's my magic formula?  Why aren't I smashing windows and waving stupid fuckin banners around like those lazy fucking students?  Why am I different?  How did I break the mould?

I'll tell you.  Fucking hard work.  My Dad might've been Chairman of an International Bank.  My Mum might be descended from Bulgarian royalty or whatever.  I might've gone to one of the most prestigious public schools in the country.  Maybe I did have a private ski instructor from the age of 4.  Some might say my path has been paved with gold, but let me tell you right now: a path might be paved in gold, but you've still got to fucking walk down it.  And I've worked hard every step of the journey, the Nick Clegg way.  That's why I'm the strongest political brand in the country right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment